Thursday, April 13, 2006

Silence

what’s happening here,

I was once so alive.

but now I’m so full of dread

and almost dead

show me Your wounded head

that has led

to communion with the Father

but where did He go

his presence seems farther and farther away

each day,

but I’m trying so hard to steer His way

yet still lonely and confused on this cold hard ground I lay


speak to me wise mouth and say that it’s al good kid

it’s nothing that you did

I know it feels like I’m not right here with you right now

just be still and listen to that sound

did you here it

listen again

did you hear it

that silent voice that just spoke nothing

that is Me

I’m listening to your plea

with open ears

counting all your tears

flowing from your irritated eyes

searching the skies

looking for that hope

but beyond there lies

you young worrisome sparrow

find rest

lay your battered head

upon my ( ) breast

and make it your nest

no strong cold wind could ever blow

and carry you, from this your home

look around and see

life springing out from the ground

spring colours, springing forth in celebration of your trusting


it’s a constant process this is

growing you into the person that you’re to become

but when you sense the setting of the sun

know that it’s only rising and it’s just begun


now go forth

sing songs of faith

and lift up other in the midst of this race

and if you can’t keep the pace

or loose sight of My face

know that I’m always near

so you need not fear


but don’t worry about all that right now

just sit here and enjoy the peace I offer in My silence

when I’m silent I am listening and not abandoning

(Bradley Hathaway)

No comments: